Password Manager & MFA Grant
Manual password reset is a very common problem in many Institutions. The amount of calls that the IT helpdesk receives can skyrocket not just shooting up helpdesk costs but also keeping them waiting for a long time until their passwords are manually reset.
Password Password Manager is a Self-Service Password Reset tool that lets your end users recover their accounts and passwords without having to call the IT help desk. This not only cuts short the time they get access to the portal but, also helps save a lot of help desk costs. In addition to it, you could completely get rid of ‘default passwords’ by helping First-time users set up their accounts, passwords and security questions on their own.Multifactor Authentication is a capability that helps authenticate using more than one factor.
Multifactor Multifactor Authentication is a boon to IT teams in times like these when there are widespread networksecurity breaches arising due to unauthorized access and insider threats. Role-based Multifactor Authentication & Multifactor Authentication at the time of login are some important features that help you protect your IT resources from unauthorized access
Why is Password Manager and Multi-Factor Authentication essential to Campuses?
To deliver uninterrupted access to essential applications without the dependency on the IT helpdesk, campuses automate password resets. It not only gives students instant access to their accounts through self-service password reset but also frees the IT helpdesk thereby delivering considerable IT cost savings.Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is a security reinforcement that ensures that there is no room for intruder and the authentication is strengthened by using additional factors.
The grant covers a total sum of $20,000 over five years in licensing and implementation. It includes 100 active sessions each for QuickLaunch Password Manager & Multifactor Authentication.
- Applicant must be an education institution or public sector organization.
- Applicant demonstrates a commitment to implementing the solution (e.g. letter from president highlighting the problem that the solution solves and why the grant would be helpful in meeting strategic objectives)
HOW TO APPLY
- Download and fill the grant application form
- Submit grant applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm ET on May 21st, 2018
- Apply for the Grant by May 21st, 2018
- Review of Application by Grant Review Committee by May 28th, 2018
- Grant Award Letter issued to Grant Recipients by June 05th, 2018
- Grant Award Walkthrough by June 12th, 2018
- Execution of Grant Award Agreement by June 19th, 2018
- Project Kick-Off by July 05th, 2018