Cloud Hosting Grant
Why Cloud Hosting?
By utilizing a cloud hosting provider, colleges and universities can access a variety of IT resources without needing to invest in expensive hardware. These IT resources i.e. servers, databases, application services and storage, are all accessible over the Internet. An institution can select exactly what computing resources they need and how much of it, to successfully operate their IT department.
Amazon AWS vs. Microsoft Azure
Amazon and Azure are the top cloud providers in the industry, and overall, they are very similar. Amazon’s four core features include Compute, Storage & Content Delivery, Databases and Networking. Azure’s core features include Build Infrastructure, Develop Modern Applications, Gain Insights, and Manage Identity & Access. If your institution is already a Microsoft shop, selecting Azure makes sense as it was designed to interoperate with other Microsoft products. Every school is different, and selecting a cloud provider depends on a variety of factors. With Campus Consortium’s Cloud Hosting Grant, a solution will be advised after a close look at your institution’s IT infrastructure.
Campus Consortium is proud to offer the opportunity for accredited higher education institutions to apply for the Cloud Hosting Grant. This grant provides up to $50,000 in cloud hosting services, including assessment of current architecture, selection of services & optimization, server set up, migration assistance, and monitoring services.
- Applicant must be an education institution or public sector organization.
- Applicant demonstrates a commitment to implementing the solution (e.g. letter from president highlighting the problem that the solution solves and why the grant would be helpful in meeting strategic objectives)
HOW TO APPLY
- Download and fill the grant application form
- Submit grant applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm ET on May 07th, 2018
- Apply for the Grant by May 07th, 2018
- Review of Application by Grant Review Committee by May 15th, 2018
- Grant Award Letter issued to Grant Recipients by May 21st, 2018
- Grant Award Walkthrough by May 29th, 2018
- Execution of Grant Award Agreement by June 04th, 2018
- Project Kick-Off by June 20th, 2018
Disclaimer: This Grant is featured through Campus Consortium in collaboration with it’s technology partner OculusIT. OculusIT is not a partner or affiliate nor does an agency relationship exist with Microsoft®. OculusIT does not develop, market or distribute these products or services nor do these companies or products endorse the products or services of OculusIT.