Campus Safety Grant
Campus Consortium offers Grant Programs for a variety of solutions, products and services. Campus Consortium Grants are funded by Campus Consortium and its Technology Partners. These Grants are designed to give Institutions with a smaller IT budget a chance to implement new technology services that meet the needs of institutions and their constituents. Campus Consortium is proud to provide the Campus Safety Grant to educational institutions interested in implementing an “emergency” app for use by their students, faculty, and staff that integrates with existing third party applications.
If your institution is looking to replace its current emergency app or implement an emergency app for the first time, we recommend applying for this Grant. This Grant offers your institution a chance to financially take on implementing an emergency app with a clear ROI and no hidden costs that typically prevent most emergency apps from being successfully implemented and maintained.
CAMPUS SAFETY APP PRODUCT OVERVIEW
The campus safety app was created to provide students an emergency app that has the ability to send an alert via App notification, SMS and Email about their location and request for immediate help. Students can further customize this app to send an alert to their parents, guardians, or friends and call the campus police in the event of an incident.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF THE MOBILE APP SOLUTION
Think about your target end user – your students. In case of an emergency, when a student double taps the app, their emergency contacts will receive the same alert as the campus police.
The Campus Safety App platform provides your students a one stop shop access to the following:
- Configure campus police as default emergency contact
- Send emergency alerts via App Notification, SMS and Email
- Search for nearby hospitals, police stations
- get safety guideline information
- Set up your profile with your medical information
The grant covers a total of $22,495 over five years in licensing and implementation.
- Applicant must be an education institution or public sector organization.
- Applicant demonstrates a commitment to implementing the solution (e.g. letter from president highlighting the problem that the solution solves and why the grant would be helpful in meeting strategic objectives)
HOW TO APPLY
- Download and fill the grant application form.
- Submit grant applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm ET on August 15th, 2018
- Applications Open on August 1st, 2018
- Apply for the Grant by August 15th, 2018
- Review of Application by Grant Review Committee by August 22nd, 2018
- Grant Award Letter issued to Grant Recipients by August 29th, 2018
- Grant Award Walkthrough by September 5th, 2018
- Execution of Grant Award Agreement by September 10th, 2018
- Project Kick-Off by September 24th, 2018