Weatherford, Oklahoma, September 19, 2017: Campus Consortium, the largest global education association of schools, colleges and universities awards Southwestern Oklahoma State University a $60,000 Grant to help fulfil a Single Sign-On solution for students and faculty. A respite for students no longer having to remember numerous logins and passwords, the grant covers 100% of the licensing costs associated with implementing a single sign-on solution.
“We were in need of a single sign-on platform since there are several applications that require a separate login for security reasons, be it the learning management system or student email accounts,” said, Karen Klein, Director of Information Technology Services, Southwestern Oklahoma State University. “We realize how important Single Sign-On is as it improves security and reduces IT help desk traffic. We are extremely happy to receive the Grant.
Southwestern Oklahoma State University will use the grant to acquire the QuickLaunch® software, provide single sign-on to enterprise applications including JICS®, Canvas®, O365®, Zoom®, Chalk & Wire® and Lynda.com®.
“The Campus Consortium Grant Committee is pleased to award this Grant to Southwestern Oklahoma State University. The single sign-on platform offered by QuickLaunch will certainly strengthen security and ensure a better experience for students as well as the faculty”, states Anjli Jain, Chairman, Campus Consortium.
To learn about and apply for a Campus Consortium Grant, please visit campusconsortium.org/grant-programs
About Campus Consortium
Campus Consortium is a leading education association with more than 37,000 higher education institutions and K-12 school district members. The Campus Consortium’s mission is to help members reduce the time, cost and effort associated with implementing enterprise IT services by leveraging shared IT services, lessons learned and best practices so that each member can avoid reinventing the wheel.
About Southwestern Oklahoma State University
SWOSU was first established through an act of the Oklahoma Territorial Legislature in 1901 as Southwestern Normal School, although no classes were held until 1903. Several towns fought a court battle to become the home of the new school, but Weatherford won the battle. The normal school included both a two-year degree program for teacher education and a preparatory school. In 1920, the preparatory part of the school closed and a four-year baccalaureate degree program replaced it. The first bachelor’s degrees by the renamed Southwestern State Teachers College were awarded in the spring of 1921.
For more information, please visit: http://www.swosu.edu/